Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Finishing things up

This past January, I made it my goal to finish all my half-completed projects, before letting myself start new ones.  I don't know why it's so hard to get them out of the drawer and finish, but boy does it feel good after I'm done.  Kinda like cleaning bathrooms, I guess.  =) 
This baby quilt (available in my Etsy Shop) was a fun project for me to improve my paper piecing skills.  Kite Tails is a free PDF pattern by Amy Friend of During Quiet Time.
The colors are just so fresh and soft.  Perfect for a sweet baby girl, I think.
After making Audrey's purple quilt, I used leftover 2.5" strips to make this twin size quilt.  I seriously love it.  When I started quilting this one, I thought I was fairly good at FMQ (free motion quilting), but once I started in on the loop pattern, I realized how much room for improvement I have.  But I still think they are charming.  =)
This throw-size Dutchman's Puzzle quilt top has been sitting for at least 3 years.  The fabric is a mixture of Ruby (by Bonnie and Camille) and other scrappy reds and aquas.  Can you tell they are my favorite? (right up there with black stripe binding. =)
My WIP (work in progress) list is shrinking rapidly, and my Etsy Shop is re-stocked.  I work so much better when I don't have a bunch of unfinished projects hanging over my head.  How about you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sew Together Bag SAL // Week 5: Finishing It Up! (last zipper + bindings)

Ok - Technically I should have waited a week for this, but I just couldn't help myself!  We need to get these cute Sew Together bags fin...